So Random! is an American Disney Channel sketch series that premiered on June 5, 2011. It was announced as an independent series after Demi Lovato left the parent series, Sonny with a Chance, to focus on other endeavors. The series stars the other actors of Sonny with a Chance: Tiffany Thornton, Sterling Knight, Brandon Mychal Smith, Doug Brochu and Allisyn Ashley Arm as well as other featured actors that recur in the series. The series premiere was watched by 4.1 million viewers.
On May 2, 2012, Tiffany Thornton said the show was cancelled. 
Concept, production and premiseEdit
In Sonny with a Chance, Demi Lovato plays the title character, Sonny Munroe, a new member of the cast of the sketch comedy show So Random!, which is presented as a show-within-a-show. The series follows the experiences of Sonny, and the rest of the cast. The full length sketch comedy episode format was played within Sonny with a Chance during season 2 of the series for the Christmas and Halloween episodes. In October 2010, Lovato underwent treatment for "physical and emotional issues," and in April 2011 she confirmed that she would not be returning to Sonny with a Chance for its third season. She stated that returning to acting immediately wouldn't be healthy for her recovery.
Following Lovato's departure from the series, So Random! was introduced as its own series that will focus more on comedy skits than Sonny with a Chance. Filming for the season began on January 30, 2011. Each episode will feature sketch comedy skits with the So Random! cast, as well as a musical performance by a guest star. Originally intended to be a third season of Sonny with a Chance, Disney began to describe the show as a separate series following Lovato's confirmed departure. It is different from other Disney series in that the audience becomes a part of the show, with more audience interactivity due to the sketch comedy and performances. Each episode typically consists of five or six sketches.
The main cast of So Random!.
(Left to right) Sterling Knight, Tiffany Thornton, Allisyn Ashley Arm, Doug Brochu, and Brandon Mychal Smith.Except for Lovato, the main cast of So Random! is identical to that of its parent series, Sonny with a Chance.
- Tiffany Thornton as Tawni Hart, who likes to be the center of attention.
- Demi Lovato as Sonny Monroe as smart normal person
- Sterling Knight as Chad Dylan Cooper. In Sonny with a Chance he is an egotistical and self-centered cast member of Mackenzie Falls, but has now joined the cast of So Random!.
- Brandon Mychal Smith as Nico Harris, the slick fast-talker of the group. He and Grady are best friends.
- Doug Brochu as Grady Mitchell, a gullible goof. He and Nico are best friends.
- Allisyn Ashley Arm as Zora Lancaster, the "odd" one.
- Matthew Scott Montgomery as Matthew Bailey
- Shayne Topp as Shayne Zabo
- Damien Haas as Damien Johanssen
- Grace Bannon as Grace Wetzel
- Bridgett Shergalis as Bridget Cook
- Audrey Whitby as Audrey Vale
- Coco Jones as Coco Blue
Guest stars and artistsEdit
- Cody Simpson
- Greyson Chance
- Selena Gomez & the Scene
- Mitchel Musso
- Tony Hawk
- Mindless Behavior
- Jacob Latimore
- Christina Grimmie
- Coco Jones
- Colbie Caillat
- Dave Days
- Far East Movement
- Hot Chelle Rae
- Kicking Daisies[6
- Cole and Dylan Sprouse
- The Ready Set
- China Anne Mclain
- New Boyz
- Shane Harper
- Destinee A Paris
So Random! original musicEdit
- So Random! - Brandon Mychal Smith
- Socks With Sandals by Footy Scent- Doug Brochu Ft. Brandon Mychal Smith
- Schooled by Grammar by M.C. Grammar - Brandon Mychal Smith Ft. Tiffany Thornton, Shayne Topp, and Sterling Knight
- All Day - Cody Simpson
- Waiting Outside The Lines - Greyson Chance
- Who Says - Selena Gomez & The Scene
- Get Away - Mitchel Musso
- My Girl - Mindless Behavior
- Rocketeer - Far East Movement
- Young Forever- The Ready Set
- What Does It Take To Get You- Dave Days
- Stand Up - Coco Jones
- Tonight Tonight - Hot Chelle Rae
- Like 'Em All - Jacob Latimore
Main article: List of So Random! episodes
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
June 5, 2011
March 25, 2012
|Country / Region||Channel||Series premiere||Title in country||References|
|Canada||Family||June 10, 2011||So Random!|||
|United Kingdom||Disney Channel||August 2011 (Sneak Peek)|
October 2011 (premiere)
|United States||Disney Channel||June 5, 2011|
- ^ a b The Walt Disney Company (May 16, 2011). "The Tween Comedy Series "So Random!", First Made Popular In "Sonny with a Chance", Begins To Air Sunday, June 5 (8:30 P.M., ET/PT) On Disney Channel" (DOC). Press release. Retrieved May 22, 2011.
- ^ Gorman, Bill. "Disney’s Debut of "So Random!" is TV’s No. 1 Telecast in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved June 9, 2011.
- ^ Cotliar, Sharon (April 19, 2011). "Demi Lovato Is Leaving Sonny with a Chance". people.com. Retrieved May 22, 2011.
- ^ Stelter, Brian (19 April 2011). "Demi Lovato Leaves ‘Sonny with a Chance’". The New York Times (New York NY). Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- ^ "We Know The Official Start Date For ‘Sonny with a Chance’ — Will Demi Make It Out In Time? Exclusive!". hollywoodlife.com. January 7, 2011. Retrieved May 22, 2011.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p "So Random!". Disney Channel Medianet. Retrieved June 11, 2011.
- ^ Grimmie, Christina (June 7, 2011). "Facebook Status". Facebook. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- ^ Ficarelli, Ricky (May 21, 2011). "Back In Florida!". YouTube. Retrieved May 24, 2011.
- ^ "Hot Chelle Rae Official Twitter". June 18, 2011.
- ^ "So Random!". Family. Retrieved June 13, 2011.